Marketing/Business Development Strategist
PostedOctober 27, 2022
ESI Design, an NBBJ Studio transforms places into experiences that drive excitement and create a unique invitation for personal interaction and empathy. We experiment and collaborate to develop new ideas for high-profile, visionary clients. We are a community of makers that design, develop and construct large-scale, novel ideas. As a studio within the highly regarded NBBJ Design firm, we are uniquely positioned within the experience industry. We partner with pioneers like Verizon, eBay, the Statue of Liberty Museum and WarnerMedia to create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life.
Our approach to experience design combines the physical, digital and behavioral to create memorable moments. We believe the most compelling experiences are born from interdisciplinary collaboration. As a result, our eclectic team and user-first approach allows us to provide a range of experience solutions and a depth of service that’s unique in the world of design. We don’t do off-the-rack solutions – we create custom experiences that are tailor made for every individual client’s needs.
We are seeking a Marketing/Business Development Strategist to join our team to cultivate new client relationships, market the firm’s services, and win exciting new work.
The role at a glance:
ESI Design’s Marketing/Business Development Strategist will be based in ESI's New York office and report to the Marketing Director. This individual will work closely with account and design leaders cultivate new client relationships and facilitate communication with prospective clients.
We are looking for someone who can be strategic (targeting and researching new leads), client-facing (nurturing cold, warm, and hot leads), and a producer of marketing collateral and proposals.
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with the studio’s Leadership Team to create a strategic plan for gaining new clients
- Proactively research, identify, and qualify new opportunities that support the strategic goals of the Studio.
- Reach out to identified targeted and prospective clients, which may include email outreach, meet and greets, introductory calls, preliminary meetings, networking events, etc.
- Manage day-to-day business development process, producing compelling inquiries and presentations that address the client’s challenge and demonstrate our unique value proposition.
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in a Marketing or business development, capacity for a professional service firm
- Demonstrated success in your previous role(s)
- Understanding of design industry and ability to articulate to the value of experience design to potential clients
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Positive and inspiring attitude
- Great networker
- Collaborative and knows how to work effectively with leadership teams
- Proactive team member that wants to help build relationships
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Strategic thinker: ability to understand a prospective client’s needs and convey how we can help
- Persistence, diligence, relentlessness: drive to pursue an opportunity despite obstacles
- Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CRM platforms, Hubspot
This role will require occasional travel for targeted meetings, conventions and networking events.
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary and leverage your entrepreneurial spirit. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities.
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.