Media Operations Specialist
PostedNovember 1, 2021
ESI and NBBJ’s Digital team are looking for a Media Operations Specialist that lives and breathes media production. As a member of NBBJ’s Digital team you will work alongside multiple groups within the firm and will have a unique opportunity to continue to develop the technical infrastructure and best practices that allow us to deliver the highest quality digital content for both our projects and our marketing videos. Ideal candidates should have knowledge of all post-production workflows, from editing to 3D animation. You will be a key team member and a critical part of making our productions successful and therefore will need to effectively communicate and collaborate with creative and technical colleagues. While the majority of the role is office based, in New York, there will be opportunities for flexible working.
- Work with Media Principal and Media Producers during design phase(s) to define upcoming project needs and to aid in the production planning process with respect to technical needs
- Work with the Marketing team to support needs for in-house video production team.
- Define post-production workflow processes on projects and marketing videos as needed (transcoding, editing, color correction, audio, etc.)
- Work with Media Principal and Digital team to spec and price system upgrades as required
- Work with other members of the Digital team on implementation of new hardware/systems
- Onboarding of production artists (freelancer or new hires)
- Ability to help with technical troubleshooting for 2D and 3D animation platforms, workstation issues, and remote workflows
- Advise on best practices for marketing video production and media workflow for digital content
- Standardize project closeout, media catalogs, documentation and archiving practices
- Communicate with artists to find and address workflow issues and inefficiencies
- Work with Media Producers and Artists to confirm teams are fully prepared for project deployment
- Work in partnership with the Software Team to confirm final media output specs
- Work with production company and/or cinematographer to confirm shooting specs and how footage will be delivered
- 5+ years in a technical operations role at a post-production studio
- Familiarity with live action production through post-production pipelines, including camera formats through color correction
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D content creation pipelines, especially with After Effects
- Experience with Render Management software such as Deadline
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses for common production codecs, such as ProRes and HEVC
- Current knowledge of cloud-based rendering solutions
- VR workflow knowledge using various media formats and headsets
- Familiarity with real-time animation techniques and game engines
- Knowledge of specialty high-performance codecs such as NotchLC and HAP
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.
Additional OpportunitiesAudio-Visual Technologist Content Strategist Experience Design Practice Marketing Director Production Coordinator, Software & Media
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.