Communications & Marketing Manager: Experience Design
Posted November 15, 2023
To apply to this role, do not apply here, please apply via the NBBJ, ESI Design Career page: https://jobs.jobvite.com/nbbj/job/opLqofwI
The role at a glance:
This is an excellent opportunity to join NBBJ’s global marketing team, working with NBBJ’s New York-based Experience Design studio, ESI Design. The Communications & Marketing Manager is a hybrid role that bridges the traditional disciplines of public relations, communications, and marketing to grow the brand and build the business. This individual will use creative project storytelling and provocative thought leadership as the engine that drives the creation of marketing collateral, proposals, presentations, media placements, speaking engagements, and more.
The successful candidate will bring a unique blend of strengths in messaging and storytelling, proposal writing, presentation design, as well as media relations, awards and speaking engagements. This individual will be a creative storyteller, a keen process manager, highly organized, highly collaborative, and driven to succeed. They will be engaged in all phases of the sales cycle, including brand awareness, proposals, presentations, and client relationships. After a project has been won, they will also play a central role in documenting the project through fact sheets, photography, video, and narrative.
In your new role, you will:
- Collaborate with Market Leaders, Marketing Director, and Business Development Director to set and execute win strategies for prospects, and drive the entire pursuit process from strategy to final production
- Work with the Global Communications Director to develop and implement the annual studio communications plan and communications budget
- Generate compelling marketing collateral and toolkit components, including proposals, presentations, qualifications packages, project stories, resumes, etc.
- Work with market leaders to author original thought leadership, social media content, and web content
- Expand and nurture press and media relationships; champion efforts to land earned media stories and segments in client-centric news outlets
- Work with clients to gain approval to share design and impact stories; collaborate with studio team to produce videography, photography, and narratives that support thematic and project-specific story angles
- Build and maintain robust libraries of content and prospect deliverables
- Identify strategic targets for awards and collaborate with the global communications team to create winning submissions
- Collaborate effectively with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, and Mural
- Utilize the firm’s marketing systems such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Deltek Vision, and OpenAsset
What you will need to succeed:
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other applicable discipline
- 10+ years of proven success in public relations and marketing fields for the design industry
- Deep network of current contacts in NYC and national media
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including examples of published articles and original content
- Intermediate/Expert understanding of Adobe InDesign and Powerpoint
- Understanding of basic layout and graphic design principles
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM and other databases a plus
The annual base pay range for this role is anticipated to be between $95,000 and $115,000. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.