Experience Design Practice Marketing Director
Posted May 25, 2021
ESI Design, an NBBJ Studio, transforms places into experiences. These bespoke experiences drive excitement, delivering human-centric innovation that create a unique invitation for personal interaction and empathy. We rely on innovation, experimentation and collaboration to develop new ideas for high-profile clients. We are a community of makers and experimenters that design, develop and construct large-scale, novel ideas. We work with visionary clients who want to experiment and build ideas that have never been done before. As a studio within the highly regarded NBBJ Design firm, ESI is uniquely positioned within the Experiential industry.
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary and leverage your entrepreneurial spirit. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. Our Experience Design studio partners with pioneers like Barclays, eBay, Beacon Capital Partners, The Statue of Liberty Museum, and WarnerMedia as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life.
ESI Design’s approach to experience design combines the physical, digital and behavioral to create memorable moments. We believe the most compelling experiences are born from interdisciplinary collaboration. As a result, our eclectic team and user-first approach allows us to provide a range of experience solutions and a depth of service that’s unique in the world of design. We don’t do off-the-rack solutions – we create custom experiences that are tailor made for every individual client’s needs.
The role at a glance:
The Practice Marketing Director works closely with senior leadership to manage the marketing and business development efforts for ESI’s Experience Design practice.
NBBJ’s Experience Design Practice Marketing Director is responsible for building strong market strategies that are deeply rooted in client relevancy and differentiation. Your success will produce strong client relationship strategies, and project conversion that supports the practice’s growth strategy.
This leadership role creates, organizes, and implements targeted lead generation across multiple business verticals and develops client relationship programs that underscore ESI/NBBJ’s brand positioning. Your understanding of the industry landscape will also inform our strategy on Thought Leadership content and programs.
Other key responsibilities focus on developing and managing marketing efforts, an annual marketing budget, tracking metrics, and orchestrating effective new business/prospect efforts with innovative approches. The position reports to the Global Director of Marketing.
In your new role, you will:
- Lead Generation & Client Relationships: In partnership with Experience Design Market Leaders, the Practice Marketing Director researches, identifies, and qualifies new leads from both new and existing clients. You will be responsible for helping to craft and ensure a strategic and planned approach is in place for targeted conversations and opportunities for client engagement. You will develop, manage, and lead client loyalty programs in partnership with NBBJ’s design studios and work with marketing & studio leadership within the firm to identify opportunities for cross-studio collaborations.
- Point-of-Sale and Prepositioning Strategies. You will lead teams that produce and generate well-coordinated and compelling new business development efforts: qualification packages, proposals, and presentations, in response to direct select opportunities or RFPs. These responses should address client needs and clearly articulate the fundamental design challenge and innovation opportunity. You are expected to be an active participant in developing new methods for engaging with prospective corporate clients in an entrepreneurial way, while understanding and communicating ESI’s unique value proposition, and looking for novel opportunities to build awareness of ESI’s service offerings. The Practice Marketing Director leads the Go/No Go process for new Experience Design prospects and helps set the marketing investment for each pursuit.
- Communication, Culture and Collaboration: You are responsible for creating visibility and transparency in the sales pipeline and business development process among sales professionals. NBBJ has an inclusive empowered marketing minded culture. The Practice Marketing Director will lead with optimism, energy and continue to build a strong marketing culture across the entire organization. You must have a strong ability to communicate the value of Experience Design to our studio’s clients, and be able to strategically evangelize the value of Experience across NBBJ and its clients.Content Development and Quality Assurance: The Practice Marketing Director has a proven track record developing relevant content that supports sales strategies. This role ensures that all proposals, qualification packages, presentations, and general marketing materials portray ESI’s brand, developed in coordination with the Communications Team, producing best-in-class, and competitive marketing material.
- Experience Design Expertise: The Practice Marketing Director is deeply immersed within a design culture made up of multiple disciplines, where the scoping of design projects and creation of learning opportunities for project teams is paramount. Because of this, an openness and desire to understand all the various aspects of Experience Design are critical, as is a commitment to dialogue with the broader NBBJ architect/designer community to advocate for integration of Experience Design disciplines within existing and new scopes of work.
- Budgets, Goals and Metrics: Working with the Marketing Operations Leader, the Practice Marketing Director develops an annual marketing budget for the Experience Design practice and helps set annual sales goals. This role regularly reviews metrics, insights and analyses provided by the Marketing Operations Leader and Finance to identify trends and integrate insights into the marketing investments and strategies of the Experience Design practice.
- Mentorship: The Practice Marketing Director oversees, mentors, and guides marketing support staff and acts as an effective advocate for team members, being invested in the growth and development of the team.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum 15-20 years of experience in leading successful marketing and business development programs for professional services/B2B companies
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience and an ability to mentor, inspire, and motivate business development and marketing staff.
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications; Graduate Degree in Marketing or Communications a plus.
- Understanding of Experience Design and its value to the market.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to find what’s next.
- Experience in developing go to market strategies while ensuring adoption and execution.
- Thorough understanding of executing demand generation, prepositioning strategies, and acting on insights from performance metrics.
- Ability to regularly engage face to face or virtually with design professionals in a number of NBBJ offices; act as a coach for marketing best practices and strategy development to develop a strong marketing culture..
- Excellent strategy execution skills, communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to work efficiently under multiple deadlines and manage large teams.
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision, OpenAsset, CRM, Adobe Creative Suite and other marketing software is a plus.
DON'T SEE A ROLE THAT FITS YOUR EXPERIENCE?
Get in touch by emailing your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.